Extracting an image from Pages

So you're using Apple Pages and you've created an image from shapes or you have an image in a Pages document that you want to extract. If you are, then I have a simple solution for you.

I have seen other solutions involving applications like Pacifist ($20 in app store), solutions involving terminal as well as others involving export to older formats of pages and using the finder to view the application file as packages then extracting the image. All of these seem to be too much trouble in my opinion. There is another method that does not require any of this 'heavy lifting'.

I really love Pages. Whilst some may say it does not have enough advanced features like Microsoft Word (which I tend to disagree with. I have used both applications extensively), I like it because it just seems to simplify things and allows me to get what I want done without fighting with Word's automatic features. But let's get to the solution 😉

I am using a Mac Book Pro with High Sierra and Pages 7.0.1. I am not certain whether this works with older versions of the software but if you tried it and it works please let me know.

Here are the steps:
  1. Open the Pages application
  2. Open the document which contains the images you want extracted
  3. Select the image
  4. Copy the image by either clicking 'Edit' then 'Copy' from the menu that pops up or clicking command and C keys together (on your keyboard)
  5. Open the 'Preview' Application
  6. Click 'File'
  7. From the menu that pops up click 'New from Clipboard' (should be first option). Preview will create a new document of file type png with the image that you want.
  8. Save the document to your desire location. If you wish to 

Comments

Popular Posts