I love learning. I mean I really love learning. This is what made me interested in the education sector. I thought that because I liked learning so much I could assists my students. Looking back I see that  I was not 100% correct: It became frustrating to deal with motivation issues and to give students an appreciation for the training that they just did not value. Much of the education system is just preparing student the 'glorious' past and not for the present that engulfs them like a cyclone or the future that is rushing towards them like a comet.
In addition the secondary school system tries to place teachers as 'almost-parents'. This is something that is good for the student in most instances. However it isn't always good for the teacher as expectations continue to exceed available resources and teachers often find themselves being magicians of sorts.

But I still love learning....And this has led to a fascination with data science.  I like data science because I see it as an opportunity to do something meaningful with the programming I learnt whilst doing my BSc. in Computing (basically computer science). So this is my new exploration. I would like to become a data scienctist and I am already 4 months into my studies. I am hoping to complete a program I started with Dataquest in the next 5 months. I still love learning.

Comments

Popular Posts